Pages

11.10.2010

Tis the season

for gift shopping!  (among other things of course...)  But giving gifts is something that I love.  Since our budget is a little tighter this year, I want to make extra sure that we spend our money wisely.  So, I thought I'd share a few fun ways I have been thinking about to make our giving go a little further.


Support small businesses!
for example, our friends own this awesome store called Restyle in Pearland.

if you don't live close, you can shop online here.



World Vision
we sponsor a little boy through this organization, and every year they have an awesome gift catalog.  you can check it out here.
you can choose how you want to help (food, education, medical, etc) and even who you would like to help (orphans, etc.).  I wish I could pick one of everything!  They send you a card for each gift that you purchase so you can use it to let someone know what you gave in their honor.


TOMS
I love these shoes!  They are soooo comfortable.  Check them out here.
For every pair of shoes you purchase (or every shirt), they give away one pair of shoes to a child in need.


Purses from Haiti
This organization teaches women skills they can use to support their families as well as life skills to care for their families.  Each purse is uniquely handmade!
Click here to buy a purse or a gift card for someone. 


I'd love to hear your favorite ideas!

1 comment:

amanda said...

thanks for the shout out! :-)