Pages

12.26.2010

back on the blog wagon

oh man!  where did the last month go?  I wish I had some great excuse for all my many faithful readers out there ;).  like my computer crashed or something.  both of them.  but I don't!  a lot did happen, I turned the big 3-0, we went to New York (more on that later), E really started acting like a 2 year old, and I think we've all taken a turn being sick at least twice in the past few weeks. so here's a quick update for you to get me back on the wagon and then we'll do Christmas, New York, etc.  hopefully before the end of the year!

In the past month we did a couple of things we have pics for:
we had a fun morning at the park with some friends that also have birthdays in November.  so we got a picture of the boys (*not pictured: baby Liam).  I think this was the first round that E and I were sick... its hard to remember...

now for this little guy- he has been off and on sick, teething, and just plain strong-willed.  I know, I know, he got that from me.  that doesn't make it any easier.  :)  a couple of weeks ago he decided he didn't want to sleep in his bed anymore.  we tried every trick in the book.  so for about 1 week one of us had to either rock him to sleep or lay on the floor with him until he fell asleep.  it was exhausting.  for a mom that's sick and a dad that doesn't get much sleep as it is - it was torture.  he just wanted to be held.  when we talked about bed time he would point to his rocking chair or to our bed (no idea where this came from).  finally we put the toddler rail on his bed and really talked up that dada was making him a big boy bed.  some nights that trick works better than others, but so far he's sleeping in it!  pray it continues! 

of course he is still our sweet lovable boy.  he still loves anything to do with trucks/trains/cars.  (as you'll see in the Christmas pictures to come).  he loves reading books about them, looking at pictures of them, watching videos about them, and playing with them.  have I said that he started giving kisses?  its the cutest thing ever.  

I had a great birthday and a really fun trip I'll tell you more about soon.  my biggest present was this new dining room table that my dad and B built for me.   isn't it lovely? 

one cold night we drug our sick selves out in the cold for a good pranking... we had about 40 election signs that we put in the yard of a fellow prankster.  we were pretty happy with the result. 

and of course had a blast at the annual High Altitude Christmas partay!  (more pics to come on the HA blog asap.)

hopefully I still have a few readers out there and you'll hear from us again soon!  :)

1 comment:

Preben and Ellen said...

great update!! love the new table!! and of course all the ones of your sweet boy. noah sure misses his buddy!! can't wait to see you guys :)