Pages

4.26.2011

what's in a name?

Wordle: top 10 2010 baby names 
(according to babycenter.com these are the top names from 2010)

We're about 2 1/2 months away from meeting our new little guy.  And we still haven't decided on a name.  B and I both have fairly unusual names, so we like for it to be a little different.  Not too weird - just slightly different.  I just finished going through a book of 50,001 names and there were some definite weird ones (and their meanings) that I thought I would share. 
  • Saffron: means spice/orange hair
  • Rio Grande: a river in Texas
  • Toopweets: strong man
  • Zero: nothing
  • Kee-Bun: good news
  • Hoolihan: hooligan
  • Desperado: renegade
  • Biffy: popular

Yes these were all actually listed as BOY names in the book so I'm assuming that at least one male out there has each of these as a name.  Thankfully I read in Freakonomics that no matter what you name your kid they have the same chance of turning out okay.  (It's more about the parents, etc. than the actual name they were given).  Otherwise these kids are in for some trouble.  Although if you name your kid hooligan you might just get what you asked for. :)


Easter pics coming soon!

5 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Spell's said...

I totally vote for Toopweets ;)

David / Lisa Domine said...

Say "Biffy Peschke" 5 times fast. hehe. :) Can't wait to hear what name y'all pick!

Beth said...

I'm sure that you and B will come up with the perfect name. No matter what you call him, we will love him a bunch! :-)

amanda said...

zero? seriously???