Pages

3.06.2010

reality check

So, our little man seems to be back to normal.  We have enjoyed his laughter, watched him wander around the house and play with his toys again, and gotten to unload the dishwasher while he naps.

Then, a little reality check.  Just a little reminder that kids are still a lot of work even when they are generally in a good mood.  A small challenge to make sure I don't get too spoiled.  

Today I walked into his room as he woke up from his nap to find him smiling and standing in his crib waiting for me to pick him up.  Then I looked down.  His sheet was wet.  Hmmm, that's weird.  I began to piece the clues together.  There was a diaper laying in the corner of the crib.  And then I saw the poop.  on. his. sheets.  disgusting.

Of course this all happens when B is at work.  lucky. :)  Lesson learned.  My child can now remove his own diaper.  yikes.

4 comments:

David / Lisa Domine said...

Ha! That's both funny and really gross. At least he wasn't in the crib playing with the poop! :)

Unknown said...

What is it with boys removing their diapers? I think the Eidson's faced the same issue with William. So far we have avoided that mess. Mostly because Emory sleeps using a sleep sack so she would have to unzip herself to get to he diaper.

Beth said...

Gross about the poop trick! But hooray about him being happy again and loving to ride on his rocket!!! It's great to see him back to his old self again!

Sloans said...

Solution... DUCT TAPE... just sayin'...